I am PROUDLY Canadian so in honour of my fabulous country and upcoming celebrations July 1st, I’d like to share my top 5 ideas for making your celebrations SUPER fun & active! Whether you’re with family or friends:
1. Hit the trails for a hike – find one that is age appropriate, know where you’re headed (and tell someone when you’ll be back!) and always carry water & extra supplies.
2. Visit one of our beautiful beaches! Skim board, paddle board, swim, play & splash. Explore and have fun!
3. Gather your friends for a fun pick up game. Touch football, capture the flag, soccer, ultimate Frisbee. Whatever you do enjoy!
4. Have an urban adventure – being in the big city doesn’t mean you can’t get out there and have fun! Rollerblade or walk your way on a grand adventure. Be a tourist in your own town.
5. Celebrate with fun red & white food: strawberry smoothie popsicles, tomato salad, strawberries with whipped coconut milk…get creative and have fun!
And don’t forget to check out your local Canada Day Celebrations!