I’ve long coveted the amazing Beet Quinoa Salad from a local restaurant that is now closed (insert sad face). Since I can no longer sleuth out the flavour palate by eating there, I have to bank on my memory. But I think I’ve done it. For real. This is so close…and even if it’s not “it,” it’s darn close and it’s delicious. Which is good enough for me!
- Cooked beets (I bought the prepped “love beets” from Costco)
- 1/2C Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1t sea salt
- 1C quinoa, cooked (per directions)
- 1/3C feta, crumbled
- 6 stalks of celery, diced fine
- 3 green onions, sliced finely
- 1/2 bunch of parsely, chopped finely (about 1/2C when chopped)
- 1/4C Olive Oil
- Pepper to taste
- In a small bowl place cooked beets and then pour over 1/2C apple cider vinegar and sprinkle with salt (If you can do this a few hours prior to making the salad this would be ideal).
- Cook and cool your quinoa.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Allow to sit if you can so the awesomeness of those pickled beets marinates everything.
- Eat and savour! It pairs beautifully with grilled fish or meats or on it’s own!