Grandma’s Broccoli Salad meets quick and easy pasta salad for a weeknight win!
- 2C cooked pasta (I used a garbanzo bean pasta but any small pasta would work)
- 2C blanched broccoli (see #protip below to cut your time!)
- 1 gala apple, chopped
- 1/2C pickled red onions
- 1/4C raisins
- 1/4C feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 1/4C of the liquid from the pickled onions
- 1/4C olive oil
- 2T mayo
- 1T grainy Dijon mustard
- 1T honey
- pepper to taste
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped and cooked well (drain and cool on a paper towel prior to adding as garnish)
- Cook the pasta per instructions and add the broccoli (broken into bite-sized florets) for the last 1-2 minutes to allow to blanch without over-cooking!
- Drain and rinse the pasta/ broccoli under cool water.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients except the bacon in a large bowl.
- To serve garnish with bacon! I served this with a BBQ sausage, but it would be great on its own or with some grilled chicken.