I’m talking you could make this on a weeknight easy. Skip the take-out and make this lovely Pad Thai from scratch in your own kitchen!
1T Sesame Oil
2-3T Bragg All Purpose Seasoning OR Soy Sauce
2-3 Chicken Breasts, sliced into fine strips
1 package of Thai rice noodles (brown rice if you can find them)
3T Coconut sugar
1T Maple Syrup
4T Rice Wine Vinegar
2T Fish Sauce
1T lime juice
1t garlic powder (you could swap for 1-2 cloves minced)
1/2 -1t dried red chilies (or more if you like it HOT!)
2 carrots, julienned
4 green onions, chopped
1-2C Bean Sprouts
Fresh Cilantro and Basil, chopped (for garnish)
1 lime (for garnish)
Peanuts (for garnish)
- Put a large pot of water on to boil
- In a large pan (I used a big Wok pan I have), on medium heat warm the oil then add the chopped chicken and add the Bragg or Soy Sauce. Stir to season the chicken. Brown and cook the chicken through.
- As the chicken cooks
- prepare the sauce for the Pad Thai: Coconut sugar, maple syrup, rice wine vinegar, fish sauce, lime juice, garlic, chilies
- Peel and julienne the carrots (grating would be fine as well if you don’t have anything to julienne and chop the green onions
- Once the water boils turn off the heat and add the noodles (rice noodles don’t need to be cooked, just rehydrated). Allow them to sit per package instructions, then drain them.
- Once the chicken is cooked add in the 3 eggs and scramble them in the pot (with chicken). Once they’re mostly cooked, add in the carrots and green onions and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the drained noodles and sauce and mix well.
- To serve: garnish with bean sprouts, fresh basil and cilantro, peanuts and a wedge of lime
This recipe made enough to feed 4 hungry people (2 big and 2 small) and one awesome lunch leftover! Enjoy!