It’s NEARLY summer (ok it’s barely spring) but really – don’t fish tacos work year round?! They do in my world. I love it with a slaw and what I love best is my kids will eat the fish in a taco with veggies on the side! #winning
I LOVE caraway seeds. The flavour is delicious and if you make a big batch of the slaw it’s even better the next day!
Slaw (amounts of veggie depend on how many you’re serving and how many leftovers you want! Have fun!):
- Red cabbage (I just love the color), chopped finely
- red or yellow pepper, chopped finely
- green onion, chopped finely
- apple cider vinegar & avocado oil (equal parts)
- pink salt & pepper to taste
- caraway seeds (1/4t per person depending on how you feel about them)
I layered my slaw on top of a warmed brown rice tortilla (whole wheat or corn would also be delish) and topped with sole & avocado (and just a sprinkle of black pepper).
To cook sole fillets: I put the frozen fillet on foil and top with a squeeze of lemon or lime and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Wrap and bake at 375 for 10 minutes or so (until it flakes – time depends on fillet size).
21 Day Fix Portionology: for 1 brown rice tortilla, 1C slaw, 1 sole fillet & 1/8 avocado
1 yellow, 1 green, 1 red & 1/2 blue