I was at my friends house and she served a variation of these delicious morsels. YUM. I asked for the recipe but impatiently couldn’t wait (I had a window for baking and darnit, I was baking)! So I looked online for some inspiration from a few places and came up with this!
- 3T Chia seed
- 1/2C Almond Milk (I’m sure cows milk would be fine too)
- 4 ripe bananas
- 4T Nut butter (or seed butter if you’re trying to make them nut free)
- 1 1/2C Oats
- 1/2C Coconut
- 1/2C Raisins
- 1/2C Chocolate chips
- 1T Cinnamon
- 4T Ground Flax Seed
- 4T Hemp Hearts
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix the chia and milk in a bowl and allow to sit until it forms a gel like mixture (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add in bananas and mash.
- Layer in remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Scoop using two spoons (mixture will be sticky) onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until firm to the touch and slightly browned.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet before transferring them to a rack.
- They freeze beautifully or store in an airtight container!
Makes about 20!