I layered this deliciousness into a tortilla a la soft taco. But it could easily top a rice bowl or I actually ate the leftovers with all the awesome broth for lunch! It was like a pulled chicken and pepper SOUP! #superyum
3 frozen chicken breasts
1C chicken broth
3 peppers (red, yellow, orange), sliced
1 onion, sliced
1T avocado or olive oil (optional)
1T Chili powder
- put the chicken at the bottom of the Instapot, cover with broth and salsa & cook on poultry for 10 minutes.
- change setting to keep warm and sit for 10 minutes before you release the steam
- using 2 forks pull out each breast and shred, add back in
- add in the oil, onion, peppers and Chili powder
- seal and cook for 5 more minutes then release and stir.
Note: initially I had the onions and oil prepped and ready in the fry pan before I decided to move it into the pot as an experiment…you could likely omit the oil. Enjoy!