This one came together in a bit of this, bit of that and it was enjoyed by all! Hurray!
8 ripe bananas, mashed
1 3/4C Coconut, Almond or other alternate Milk
2T Chia seeds
1 1/2C Coconut Sugar
1 large grated carrot
2 1/4C GF Flour (I use Western Families one-to-one which is a blend with xantham gum*)
1C Hemp hearts
1C Ground Flaxseed
1 1/4C Large Flake Oats (GF)
3/4C Shredded Coconut
3/4C Dried Cranberries (or raisins if you prefer)
2T Baking Powder
2t Baking Soda
- Preheat the oven to 400F and prepare muffin tins (either spray/ wipe with coconut oil OR use silicone liners)
- Mix together wet ingredients and allow to sit.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Combine dry into wet. And mix well.
- Scoop into prepared muffin tins, and sprinkle toppings (optional, but recommended).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (or until your toothpick comes out of the centre clean).
*if you don’t have a blend with Xantham Gum the flax included in the recipe may be sufficient to work as a binder. Other blends may also contain Tapioca Starch or Potato Starch which is also fine.