As with most recipes this was a little o this and a little of that and it came together in a delicious way, so I thought I’d share!
For the bowl:
- Cooked Quinoa (I did it in the InstaPot because Inst-amazing!)
- Roasted Yam, Parsnip and Red Onion (sliced and tossed in a bit of Olive Oil and sprinkled with some course sea salt and my fave all purpose organic herb mix from Costco! Cook at 450F for 20-30 minutes or until everything is cooked and delicious!)
- Chopped up veggies: I used cucumber, celery and grated carrot because that’s what I had on hand
- Protein choice: I used black beans but it would also be delish with cooked chicken or fish!
- Herbs: I added some chopped parsley to this because I am currently in LOVE with parsley! But you could add some fresh basil or cilantro or green onion would be nice too (though not technically a herb!)
- Garnish: I like to add a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds and cranberries to add a little pop of texture and flavour (the kids love this too!)
For the Orange Goddess Dressing:
- 1/4C seseme tahini
- 1/4C olive oil
- 1/4C apple cider vinegar
- juice of 1 orange (and rind if you’re up for it)
- sprinkle of sea salt
- generous splash of Bragg or soy sauce (about 1T)
- 1 clove of garlic OR 1-2t garlic powder
Throw all these in the blender. Add more water to desired consistency.
Note: the dressing will “solidify” a bit in the fridge (due to the Olive Oil), but will settle back to more of a liquid at room temp!
This was delish the next day for lunch and I also added a splash of Gluten Free Teriyaki sauce for a lovely shake up on the flavour notes!