We LOVE a salad bar supper. I’ve blogged about them before. We enjoy the flexibility for everyone to have what they love (and leave what they don’t). What makes a salad bar supper SUPER is the fixings. It’s not just greens and dressing. It’s so much more. Check out this mix.
- mixed baby salad greens
- beets, grated
- carrots, grated
- chickpeas, drained
- feta cheese, crumbled
- sun-dried tomatoes, drained and sliced
- Smokey sweet seeds (see recipe below)
- Orange Basil Vinaigrette (see recipe below)
I tend to lay out all the ingredients and let people pick and choose. Everybody wins! Enjoy!
Orange Basil Vinaigrette
- 1 T dijon mustard
- 2 T honey
- 1/2 t garlic, crushed or garlic powder
- 1/2 t dry basil (or a handful fresh, chopped)
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- juice & zest of 2 clementines (just what I had, any orange will do)
- 1/3C Avocado Oil (or olive oil)
- salt and pepper to taste
Smokey Sweet Seeds
- 1C of mixed seeds. I used pumpkin and sunflower.
- 1T smokey paprika
- 2T maple syrup
- 1/2t sea salt
In a medium pan toast the seeds for about 1 minute stirring constantly. Add in the sea salt and paprika and stir constantly until fragrant. Add in maple syrup and keep stirring. Lower heat if it starts to smoke. Keep stirring until the seeds start to stick and caramelize. Stick with it for another 30s stirring. Pull off the heat and pour into a bowl. As they cool they’ll stick together. Break apart and sprinkle on your salad. Or eat by the handful. DELISH!