Ok – I’m not sure I can really call this a recipe – it’s more of an idea. But it’s a consistent hit at our house (by the eaters and the cookers). The kids are happy because well … PIZZA. I’m happy because well…nearly NO prep or clean up (and…PIZZA!).
- tortilla (whole grain or brown rice for the biggest nutritional punch)
- tomato paste (herbed if you can OR add your own sprinkle of garlic powder, basil & oregano)
- cheese of our choosing (Mozza, cheddar, goat or my personal fave Diaya shreds – vegan)
- Meat – optional (ground turkey, turkey pepperoni, nitrate free ham or turkey…whatever inspires your palate!)
- Veggies – get creative (mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, olives, or try something different with broccoli or brussels sprouts – seriously yum…#forreal)
Preheat oven to 474F. On a pizza or baking pan layer tortilla, tomato paste, some cheese, toppings and a wee bit more cheese. Bake (watch for desired meltiness) and ENJOY!