For the salad:
Cooked Rice noodles*english cucumber, dicedshredded carrotred bell pepper, dicedhandful of fresh mint, choppedhandful of fresh basil, choppedhandful of cilantro, choppedgreen onion, choppedpeanuts (for garnish – optional)
For the dressing:
1/4C rice wine vinegar1/8C seseme oiljuice of 2 limes3T coconut sugar2T fish sauce (or Bragg)1t garlic powder (or 1 clove fresh)1T water
For the Tempeh (don’t know what this is…scroll down!):
1t sesame oil1 block or a few patties of Tempeh, cut in cubes or slices2T Bragg (or soy sauce)1T coconut sugar1T sesame oil
- Cook and cool the rice noodles while you get the tempeh cooking
- Put dressing ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to mix
- Layer in salad ingredients, mix and allow to marinate
- In a non-stick pan add 1t sesame oil and warm to medium-hot heat. Add tofu and fry until golden. Add the Bragg/sugar/oil mixture and stir fairly frequently desired crispness.
- Layer tempeh on salad and top with peanuts! Enjoy!
What is Tempeh anyway?
Tempeh is traditionally soybeans that have been soaked, lightly cooked and then fermented and formed into a block or patty. It’s a great vegan protein source and minimally processed (generally). You add flavour (much like tofu) by marinating or adding sauces.
Not a Tempeh fan? Swap for Tofu!