I love this fresh simple salad. It’s a great weeknight entree salad and since it has cheese and salami in it even kids like it! #winning
This salad made enough for 2 adults and 2 kids for dinner and 2 adults for lunch! #hurray
- 2 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1C chopped grape tomatoes (I used yellow and red)
- 1/2C chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/3C chopped olives (I used queen olives)
- 1/4C grated fresh parmesan
- 1/4C fresh basil, chopped
- 4 slices of bread, diced (I used GF, but any yummy bread will do!)
- 1T Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Herb seasoning (general)
- 1/2C sundried tomatoes in oil (with oil)
- 1/2C red wine vinegar
- 1T Dijon mustard
- Pepper to taste
- 1 clove of garlic, minced OR 1t garlic powder
- 8-12 slices of salami
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- In a large bowl mix together: Romaine, grape tomatoes, artichoke hearts, olives, and parmesan.
- In a medium hot pan, drizzle olive oil (1T) and add in bread, tossing to coat. Sprinkle with garlic powder and herbs and stir frequently until well toasted.
- In a small bowl mix together dressing: sundried tomatoes in oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, garlic and pepper. Add to salad and toss (set aside a small amount if you want left-overs for lunch salads)!
- You can mix in the salami and chicken or layer it on top for serving!