One of the foundations of my philosophy around health and fitness is this:
It’s next to IMPOSSIBLE to create sustainable health and fitness habits if the desire to change comes from a place of body hatred or worse, disgust.
But we live in a society that perpetuates the notion that our bodies are a problem, that we’d better fix – fast!
When’s the last time you got REALLY excited about taking the trash out? Or cleaning the house?
Because of your body, you can:
- Hug your kids and loved ones.
- Travel and see amazing things!
- Move from one space to another.
- Try new activities!
- Fight disease or heal from injury.
Do you want to shift your relationship with your health habits? Start here.
- Strong legs that allow you to walk or run.
- Sweat glands that allow you to cool yourself in the heat!
- Eyes that allow you to connect with others.
- An expressive face that allows you to communicate
- Healthy heart that can respond to your demands
Want to amp up your Body Gratitude? Try this exercise…
Write a letter of gratitude to your body.
I can feel your eyes rolling through the inter-webs. But trust me. This is a powerful exercise. And one you can do again and again. Heck, what if you devoted a whole journal to just beautiful letters to your body? Hello POWERFUL.
It doesn’t’ have to be complicated. The idea is to look for the things you LOVE and appreciate about your body – and express them.
Writing is a powerful catalyst for change.
Let me know how it goes.