I’ve long coveted the amazing Beet Quinoa Salad from a local restaurant that is now closed (insert sad face). Since I can no longer sleuth out the flavour palate by eating there, I have to bank on my memory. But I think I’ve done it. For real. This is so close…and even if it’s not “it,” it’s darn close and it’s delicious. Which is good enough for me!
- Cooked beets (I bought the prepped “love beets” from Costco)
- 1/2C Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1t sea salt
- 1C quinoa, cooked (per directions)
- 1/3C feta, crumbled
- 6 stalks of celery, diced fine
- 3 green onions, sliced finely
- 1/2 bunch of parsely, chopped finely (about 1/2C when chopped)
- 1/4C Olive Oil
- Pepper to taste
- In a small bowl place cooked beets and then pour over 1/2C apple cider vinegar and sprinkle with salt (If you can do this a few hours prior to making the salad this would be ideal).
- Cook and cool your quinoa.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Allow to sit if you can so the awesomeness of those pickled beets marinates everything.
- Eat and savour! It pairs beautifully with grilled fish or meats or on it’s own!
Want to check out my other attempts? Here and here. Let me know which one you like best!