I love this super simple chicken soup recipe. I hesitate to even call it a recipe because each time I make it the recipe is a little different. But that’s the beauty! Soups are a beautiful way to get started with being creative in the kitchen. So take this base and have fun!
- chicken broth (I like to make my own bone broth after I roast a chicken, but 2 tetra packs works too)
- 1 onion, minced
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 5-6 stalks of celery, chopped
- 5-6 carrots, peeled & chopped
- 1/2C dry green lentils
- 2-3T pearl barley
- 1C cooked chicken breast, chopped
- S&P and whatever herbs you like (I usually use the Bragg Herb mixture)
Throw all ingredients into pot. Simmer on low heat for 1h+. Enjoy. (yup, that simple). Play around with your own mixture of veggies. Have fun!
Nutrition information: I’m not listing. Chicken soup is good for the soul. Fixies if you’re desperate to call this something I’d call one generous bowl 1 red, 1/2 green & 1/2 yellow (enjoy)