This was created on a whim when I didn’t know what to make for dinner after I forgot to pull the meat out of the freezer in the morning for a big batch and ran out of time. It was quick and everyone LOVED it (I mean really…what’s not to love…peperoni & pasta?!). This recipe serves 4.
- 1T oil from sundried tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2T sundried tomatoes (drained)
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2C mushrooms, sliced (can be omitted, but we love mushrooms)
- 8 turkey peperoni sticks, chopped
- 4T tomato paste
- 2T water
- 1T basil
- 12-15 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 2C cooked pasta
Get your pasta cooking per the package instructions (I used ancient grains Penne). Then in a large non-stick pan heat the oil to medium heat and cook the onion & garlic until it’s fragrant. Add in the sundried tomatoes, celery, pepper and mushrooms. Cook until tendercrisp. Add in the peperoni, tomato paste, water, basil and S&P and then add in the pasta.
I served it up with a side salad to add more veggies to my meal.