This is a fun twist on the classic veggie chili with an added punch care of smoked paprika (superyum). It got a 3/4 from our household. So ok. That’s like a B+ right? I’ll take it!
- 1T olive oil (or other oil of choice)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2T Chili Powder
- 1/2t smoked paprika (more if you like it)
- 1t cumin
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 3 peppers (I used one yellow, one red, one orange), chopped
- 2 cans of tomato sauce (plain) OR 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 2 cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1C fire roasted yam (I found this in the frozen aisle, but 1 peeled, diced yam would also work)
- 1/2C Quinoa
- 2C water
- sea salt to taste
- Avocado and lime for garnish
- In a large pot saute the onion and garlic in oil until fragrant.
- Add the spices and stir for 1 minute
- add in the remaining veggies and saute for 2-3 minutes
- Add in the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and then simmer for 30-45 minutes or until all the veggies are cooked through and the quinoa is cooked.
- Serve it up! Enjoy!