Ok, maybe I’m late to the party here but Tamari Almonds are SO easy to make. And way cheaper too! Thanks to the amazing new cookbook by Angela Liddon for showing me the way. PLUS I can use Gluten Free Tamari to keep it better for me. When I found out I was celiac not having Tamari Almonds was one of the things I mourned (I know, it’s a bit dramatic, but I did). Thank you Oh She Glows Everday!
It’s really this simple:
- Preheat your oven to 375F
- Toss almonds in Tamari in this ratio (1/2C to 1T*)
- Lay almonds in a thin layer on a parchment covered baking sheet
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (bigger batch will be longer) until the tamari is all dried up & they’re kind of golden
- Cool & store in an airtight container (I keep mine in the fridge)
The only catch? Try to be mindful of your portions. Mmmmm.